Jun 1, 2011

Paste for Hair?

Have you ever heard of hair paste? I hadn't until just this past year- and I have to say, I am loving it! It's one of those items that you just didn't know you were missing out on....not an essential, but beware, because it could quickly become one!

My favorite is by Redken, called rewind 06. This product will add a lot of texture to your hair. It's hard to know how to use unless you've seen it done, but it will definitely help you shape and twist your hair into any style. I usually put it in after I blow dry and hairspray my hair. You just need to get a dime sized amount of this pliable styling paste on your finger, rub a few times between your palms and then push your hands together over your hair. Little "spider web" looking pieces will fall on your hair and then you can use to style your hair into the desired position.

I love this product because my bangs LOVE to hang in my eyes. So when they get a little bit too long- I am either back to my hairstylist [the chic Lynn Le] or I am cutting them myself [something that I have been commended for at times but also reprimanded for by my hair dressers]. With hair paste, I rub some on my bangs, sweep them to the side and they dry in that position. Best part? They don't look greasy from all that product! They dry in that position and stay there ALL day long, looking fresh and clean.

It might sound a little out of the ordinary, but hair paste is an amazing product to utilize! Definitely try it.

2 comments:

  1. Paste! How interesting. How is the texture different from gel?

    Haha . . . I remember how you used to jump up from your desk and start spontaneously cutting your bangs. It always alarmed me.

    PS 485 page views?! You are getting famous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there no end to the usefulness of this blog? Jen, you're my hero!

    ReplyDelete