Apr 23, 2011

The Art of Shaving

It is no secret that I often cut my legs when shaving.  When I first started around age 11, my dad would ask me if I had just gotten off a battle field when I came out of the bathroom. After complaining about my plight to my friend Megan, she explained to me a simple solution: 4 blade razors.

Up until that point, I had always used a triple blade razor.  It never occurred to me that the blade count on a razor could make for a cleaner shave.  The next day I went to the store, hopeful and skeptical at the same time.  Four blades were a little bit harder to find, and a little more expensive, but totally worth the effort.  Now when I shave I can count on not getting cut- even when I am in a hurry and not paying close enough attention to the angle of the razor on my skin! My legs stay smooth for longer and I can even use soap instead of shave gel- something that was never a possibility before.

Moral of the story: Use 4 blade razors.  My favorite brand is Bic Soleil, I have used their 4 blade razor for about 3 years now, and used their triple blade for many years before that.  Like I said: it is a little bit more expensive, but I only have to buy the 4 pack once or twice per year.  Totally worth the investment.




2 comments:

  1. I just don't know what I did before I found this blog!! All of your health and beauty tips have been invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tip - I had tried another brand name 4 blade razors, but wasn't impressed at all, so went back to 3 blades, and still wasn't happy. But the Bic Soleil are superior to others. The closest shave ever. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete